HR Business Partner
My client a well recognised and reputable organisation within the public sector, are seeking an experienced HR Business Partner on a permanent basis.
Reporting directly to the Head of HR you will support in the delivery of a professional, effective and proactive operational HR advisory service in relation to the organization and client establishments, including policy development, the development of reward frameworks and to be the lead HR practitioner in relation to bid/tendering/TUPE projects for the Support Services area of business.
A successful application must be able to operate at strategic level, improving organisational performance and support the In-House Services Team. You must have the ability to provide professional pragmatic advice on complex HR issues and situations and provide practical and creative solutions. You will have sound understanding and up-to-date knowledge of UK employment law.
- Provide leadership to the HR Operations Team and advice and guidance in implementing, managing and reviewing best practice HR policies, systems and procedures.
- Manage and help resolve complex employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations as needed. Coach managers in the handling of difficult conversations and/or people management issues.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to ER activities, reducing legal risks and ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance. - including the lead on horizon scanning and the implementation of changes in employment law.
- Undertake regular reviews of technology, process, policy, procedure and working practice, making sound recommendations for improvement and implementing these.
- Collaborate with Department Heads and business leaders to help develop best practice and efficiencies.
- Take the lead on managing and monitoring Fairness at Work and Grievance complaints, ensuring complaints are progressed and identifying trends.
- To support the Head of HR in the development of business opportunities both specific to the HR function, the People Services team and the wider function. This will include leading on bid development specific to HR and/or contributing to wider development opportunities as part of a wider bid team.
- To support and attend Contract Negotiating Committees and Sub-Committees as required.
- To act as lead HR practitioner in relation to mobilisation/de-mobilisation processes.
- Undertake additional duties relevant to the role when the need arises. To support the Head of HR in the development of business opportunities both specific to the HR function, and the People Services team. This will include leading on bid development specific to HR and/or contributing to wider development opportunities as part of a wider PS bid team.
- Responsible for the analysis of HR data to identify trends and anomalies, action improvements and prepare reports for various management boards.
- Assist the Head of HR with the development of people management strategies to meet departmental and organisational priorities and objectives.
- Provide HR support for organisational change, new business and restructuring activity - supporting HRAs and line managers, where required, with consultation and redundancy situations.
- Build trust and credibility with managers and employees and establish effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including trade unions and staff associations
- Own the EDR process within the HR Operations team, working in a holistic way to ensure there is a management process and practice of dealing with poor performers and developing high performers.
Salary: £40,000-£42,000 + BONUS
For further details on this excellent opportunity, please contact Jade Hilton on 01522 528115. Alternatively email .