Composer Business Analyst
Vitality, Composer Business Analyst, Croydon, £500 - £550 per day
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial service provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
As our Composer Business Analyst you will be responsible for leading analysis for both a Project and BAU level and for delivering feature-rich solutions for our customers, within either Waterfall or Agile development teams. The Business Analyst will be involved in innovative and complex Projects through the full Project life cycle, from supporting business stakeholders in defining and shaping ideas through to supporting Project implementations.
Responsibilities as our Composer Business Analyst include:
- Partner with the business to methodically investigate and to use fact-based evidence to analyse, review, define, shape and document both functional and non-functional business requirements, and subsequently translate these into back-office system and process requirements
- Create and/or provide guidance for BAU and future project documentation such as gap analysis, impact assessments, business requirement documents, operating procedures, operational user guides.
- Plan and conduct requirement workshops/meetings where required and document the outcomes
- Identify improvements to the BA process and present improvement suggestions to colleagues and senior client/user management and may manage their implementation
- Ensure the traceability of requirements through to end user testing
- Assists with the testing of new functionality and any back office configuration changes where required.
- Assist the business stakeholders in the definition of roll out plans, including communication and training and user support plans, to effectively land any IT change into the business
- Understand the implication of and mapping customer journeys and user experience
- Provides direction and guidance to Business Technology Partner(s), Ops, IT and Finance Team(s) to identify and define initiatives to deliver business strategy, turning problems into solutions
- Provides reporting of any BAU issues to management and key stakeholders on a regular basis including capacity and operational risk
- Can estimate complex analysis assignments
- Plan and conduct requirement elicitation workshops where required and document the outcomes
- Raises risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies to the Project Manager as well as line manager in a timely manner, offering mitigating actions and taking ownership of individual items where applicable
To become our Composer Business Analyst, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Extensive experience of GBST (Composer)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & MS Visio
- Experience working in the UK Financial Services industry essential and wealth management (including Platforms/Life Companies) experience is highly desirable
- Experience of working with senior executives to deliver strategic objectives
-Proven experience of managing multiple strategic priorities to strict deadlines
- BCS Diploma in Business Analysis preferred
- 1 of the following BCS Professional Certifications preferred: Agile, Business Architecture, Benefit Planning & realisation,
- Proficiency in JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint
Working for Vitality as an experienced Composer Business Analyst, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best. We think work should be fun and sociable, and we want our people to get the most out of every day.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Tuesday 30 January 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Composer Business Analyst please click ‘apply’ today.