My client is currently looking to employ a full time buyer to join the team in the Harlow Depot. A leading food distributor in the UK, so previous experience in this area is highly desired.
- Working effectively as team member with the Group Procurement Manager
- Managing multiple sourcing projects at any given time
- Drafting and negotiating supply contracts
- Managing supplier performance as agreed with GPM
- Delivering savings and supply chain efficiency
- Identifying new suppliers to maximise quality and minimise costs
- Responsible for capital purchases and commercially accountable to maintain relationships
- Previous experience as a Buyer within food industry
- Sea Food experience highly desirable
- Negotiation skills with commercial acumen
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Ability to use initiative in problem-solving situations
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving, changeable environment
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships at all levels
- Good practical knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Work and Power Point.
- Developing value added supplier relationships and practices.
Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
Company pension , Perkbox and benefits.
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year