Clark Resources are currently hiring an Operations Supervisor to join our clients team at their Harlow Depot in Essex.
The successful candidate will be required to Assist Senior Management Team/ Depot Manager to achieve site goals within budget. Role holder has the authority to make decisions to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the stores and product delivery.
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Ability to use initiative in problem-solving situations
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving, changeable environment
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships at all levels
- Personal interaction and man-management skills
- HGV 2 Licence - desired but not essential
- Management CPC certificate - desired but not essential
- Current FLT Certificates (counterbalance and reach) - desired but not essential
- Monitoring relevant stock and agreeing additional movement.
- Continually reviewing the efficiency of the operations department.
- Developing and implementing operational improvements.
- To provide any necessary information to management as and when required.
- Ensuring that all customers’ orders are fulfilled and are safely delivered to the highest standard of excellence.
- Ensuring that all stores operations are carried out to ensure the safety of employees.
- Involved in Recruitment, training, induction and providing feedback to Depot employees.
- Have a complete understanding of the company’s policies and procedures.
- Complete tasks in conjunction with Health & Safety requirements e.g. Risk Assessments, HACCP etc
- Ensure that there are sufficient members of staff dedicated to each required task on shift.
- Ensure all goods in procedures are completed and goods are checked off and put away correctly.
- Ensure that all pick and return procedures are followed correctly.
- Investigate any stock variation at point of picking.
- Ensure all product is condensed and packed in a safe and secure manner.
- Assist with the company’s annual stock take.
- Stand in to cover for Depot/Operations Manager and Transport Supervisor when required.
- Involved in disciplinary, attendance and performance issues.
- Completing Return to work interviews.
- To utilise all storage areas to maximum safe capacity.
- To monitor and address stock shortages, damages and loses.
- Organise effective cover for staff holidays or illness.
- Record and investigate any injuries or damage.
- Liaise with driver regarding return times.
- Carry out full driver debrief on return to depot.
- Check drivers return stock including customer returns and collections for accuracy.
Previous experience in a food distribution / transport environment is highly desired.
Monday to Friday
12pm - 9/10pm
No weekends required
Company pension, perks and benefits.