Customer Support Engineer
Customer Support Engineer - Chronos Technology Ltd.
Chronos is a leading international authority on resilient synchronisation and timing solutions. We deliver equipment, installation, support and consultancy services to the telecom, energy, transport and broadcast sectors. We are an ISO 9001 accredited company and our one abiding philosophy is that our clients come first.
To provide technical assistance to customers with the aim of providing an excellent support service essential to maintaining the quality of customers’ networks and ensuring trouble free operation of the equipment under our support. The role covers a broad product base of telecom, alarm monitoring, IP and IT related products, so a high level of technical competence and self-motivation is required to meet the high standards of the role.
Benefits include a competitive salary, life assurance policy of four times salary, group personal pension scheme with company contributions of 5%, on-call allowance, profit related bonus scheme, childcare voucher scheme and free canteen.
- Fielding and logging customer calls to the support desk, providing remote telephone diagnostics, assistance and advice on products and systems supplied by Chronos Technology Ltd.
- Undertaking remote diagnostics on customer networks using remote access technologies.
- Undertaking on-site work including fault finding, diagnostics, fault resolution and assistance to the customer. This will often require working away from home and may involve overseas travel.
- Inspecting, configuring and testing of the products, systems and software.
- Providing internal IT support and assistance on IT projects as and when required.
- Carry out new installations of the products, systems and software into customer networks.
- To participate, if required, in the 24/7 support rota. Typically on call one week in four.
Essential Skills & Experience
Candidates should be strongly self-motivated and able to work unsupervised. They should be flexible and have a willingness to travel. Candidates should also have a good telephone manner and a professional attitude. A good level of IT or Telecoms knowledge and experience is desired with the following skills:
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of networking concepts and protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, VLANs, SNMP, VPNS etc.).
- A good analytical mind, with the ability to evaluate graphs and statistics.
- Working knowledge of Linux and MySQL and scripting.
- Understanding of fixed and mobile telecoms networks.
- Working knowledge of Windows client and server operating systems and domains.
- A clean driving licence.
- Experience with cable termination, soldering or other electronic or electrical related skills are not essential, but would be an advantage.
- Clean driving licence
Agencies need not apply.