Senior Project Leader x2
Senior Project Leader x2
Condition and Structural Health Monitoring, (CSM Wales)
TWI, formed in 1946, is a world-leading research and technology organisation based in the UK, South East Asia, India, the Middle East, Central Asia and the USA. We provide expertise in joining and fabrication, material science and structural integrity. Services include generic research; contract R&D; technical information; engineering services and advice; standards development; and training and qualification services.
CSM are seeking an astute, talented and ambitious researcher to integrate an existing team, working on mid Technology Readiness Level (TRL), into our growing range of projects
You will contribute to internationally renowned work on established and emerging Structural Health and Condition Monitoring processes, techniques and procedures. You will strengthen the core skills of an innovative team and be responsible for project management, preparation and negotiation of contract proposals, R&D and innovation management.
The Senior Project Leader will fulfil responsibility within part of the CSM section, based in Wales. A science degree and relevant industrial experience in structural analysis is essential. You should have proficiency with the design, test and analysis tools relevant to the function with practical hands-on experience and development related to data/signal analysis.
- Design and implementation of embedded systems; from identifying requirements through to prototyping and deployment
- Integrating and validating new product design
- Specifying, designing, implementing, debugging and validating electronic hardware solutions
- Assisting in investigation, selection and evaluation of new components and techniques
- Participating in feasibility analysis, project scoping, resource planning and cost estimating, providing realistic task durations for schedule/milestone planning.
- High levels of motivation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Analytical, experimental and creative capabilities
- Proven experience in software engineering
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting
- Solid programming experience in C, C++ or C#
- Good knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
This role requires regular travel within the UK and occasionally overseas according to the demands of project work.
- Full Time, 36 hours p/wk
- Competitive Salary
To apply please email your CV & Covering Letter by following the instructions at the bottom of this page, Ref: 122/17.
Closing date: 9am, 29th January 2018