Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join their team in Harlow. You will work on a full time, permanent contract, and will receive a highly competitive salary of £7.85 per hour.
The job in a nutshell as our Housekeeping Supervisor
As a member of our hotel team, your job will be to ensure that rooms are cleaned to company standards so our customers have a fantastic stay. Ensuring the housekeeping team are organised and know exactly which rooms they need to clean and when is a key part of the role. You will be inspecting rooms to ensure quality standards and motivating the team to deliver spotlessly clean rooms.
What you will be doing as our Housekeeping Supervisor
- Organising the housekeepers so they know how many rooms they have to clean
- Ensuring rooms are cleaned to brand standards
- Checking rooms for cleanliness
- Ensuring rooms are cleaned in a timely manner and as per company cleaning process
- Providing regular feedback on the performance of room cleaning to the team, praising when standards are excellent and coaching when improvement is required
- Advising early if additional resource is required - both people and equipment
- Making sure the team are aware of all Key performance indicators (KPIs) that relate to their area of work (clean & fresh, etc.)
- Reporting the actual hours worked to hotel management and that daily work sheets are handed in at the end of each shift
- Ensuring that public area cleaning is completed
- Making sure linen/ cleaning trolleys are set up and cleared down
- Working with the hotel management team to identify high performers who may want to progress further
- Remaining positive and upbeat to increase engagement with the team
- Supporting the Hotel/ Assistant Manager or deliver when required the daily huddle meetings
- You may be asked to clean rooms when required
- Carrying out quarterly tasks such as but not limited to descaling kettles and turning mattresses
What we will expect from you as our Housekeeping Supervisor
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate a genuine passion for leading and coaching people with a keen eye for detail. You appreciative and able to communicate with a diverse team and be confident in giving constructive feedback to improve performance. You will be used to working in a targeted environment whilst achieving very high standards.
If you feel you are the right candidate to become our Housekeeping Supervisor then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!