Conference and Events Manager
Conference and Events Manager at the Girls’ Schools Association
- Based at GSA Head Office in Leicester
- Full-time, 12 months maternity cover, subject to the return of the substantive post holder
- Salary - £25,000
- Beginning March 2018
Interested in playing a key role in the development of the Association? An exciting opening is available to work for the Girls’ Schools Association as its Conference & Events Manager.
GSA is the professional association of the Heads of many of the top performing day and boarding schools in the UK independent schools sector. We have a national and international membership.
Key duties will include:
- To plan and resource GSA events, commission venues and scope the programme in liaison with the Membership Director or Chief Executive.
- To administer the contractual, logistical and financial aspects of all GSA conferences and events.
- To maintain a list of and build relationships with potential supporters and partners, scoping the sponsorship and exhibition opportunities at each event, contacting appropriate partners with opportunities and administering the contractual, logistical and financial aspects of each.
- To produce detailed planning documents to enable the GSA team to deliver the annual conference and other GSA events.
- To ensure that the Professional Development area on the GSA website includes appropriate information.
- To attend GSA events as required and act as the main contact for the venue and all participants. Some events are residential and overnight stays are required.
- To ensure that all delegates at GSA events are invoiced by the Accounts Manager and ensuring that all event costs are audited, approved and submitted for payment.
- To process conference and course bookings and preparing accurate delegate and rooming lists.
- To prepare event materials, including liaising with designers and printers and to make arrangements for AV where necessary.
- To prepare and analyse post-event online delegate and exhibitor feedback surveys to brief the Professional Development committee.
- To contribute to and participate in staff development activities, strategy days and visits to member schools, as deemed appropriate.
- To work efficiently with all members of the GSA team in Leicester to ensure general office duties, such as answering the telephone and incoming and outgoing post are completed.
- Any other relevant duties as requested.
The successful candidate will be a graduate or equivalent and previous experience in events administration would be an advantage.
You will have excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills, the ability to work alone with minimum supervision, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to deal with sensitive situations in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
A positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude is important.
The closing date for applications is 9.00 am on Monday 22 January 2018.
Please submit a detailed letter of application, matching your skills and experience to the requirements of the role, clearly indicating any notice period and the names and contact details for two referees (one of whom must be your current or most recent employer), together with a copy of your current CV to Mrs Jeven Sharma, Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive.
Interviews will be held on Monday 29 January 2018 and we would expect the post-holder to start in early March 2018.
Link to job description and personnel specification can be found here.