HEO -Transactions Team Leader - SC
Higher Executive Officer (HEO) - Central Government
Type: Long-term temporary
This role requires the post holder to manage teams of staff who carry out activities to meet service level agreements, whilst ensuring that corporate targets are delivered. The post holder will play a key role in developing a deserved reputation for excellent customer service.
The post holder will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Ensure staff have SMART goals to deliver transactions work using Oracle.
- Hold regular reviews with team, taking lead on staff development.
- Allocate and manage team workloads.
- Manage staff issues and maintain team morale.
- Liaise with permanent colleagues to manage performance issues.
- Continuous Improvement
- Invite regular, structured team feedback to identify opportunities to improve value for money and efficiency.
- Form collaborative relationships with clients to feedback on "transactability" of submitted work items; identify opportunities for improvements.
- Work with business partners such as Crown Commercial Services (CCS), Shared Service Connected Limited (SSCL), and Cabinet Office to review process issues and implement continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with Home Office IT and Adelphi Services on IT issues and development of system improvements.
- Transactions - Monitoring and Management
- Setup and lead on monthly meetings with clients to present performance statistics and agree strategy for improvement.
- Monitor performance against service level agreements and targets.
- Review areas of poor performance and progress with corrective actions.
- Ensure rejection of non-compliant requests; provide training to business users as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with audit requests.
- Generate reports required by other finance teams.
- Maintain regular contact with Crown Commercial Services (CCS), Shared Services Connection Limited (SSCL) and operational managers to ensure quality of service and resolve any transactional issues that arise.
- Assess the impact and provide advice on all relevant change proposal finance projects; implement process changes making sure that BAU is maintained.
The post holder may be required to undertake additional responsibilities as expected in relation to the role and grade.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Experience with financial accounting systems such as Adelphi (Oracle), to record, report and monitor financial transactions.
- Experience of managing Account Payable or Purchase Requisitioning transactional teams and reporting performance.
- In order to be successful for this role you must have experience of managing transactional or operational teams.
To apply for this role, or other central government positions, please complete the online registration at /gov-apply
Once submitted, a Brook Street consultant will be in touch.