Proofreader (German to English)
Proofreader / Proofreading / Copywriter / Editor
Experienced Proofreader is needed by our client, an international ISO-certified language service provider, to be based at their Nottingham branch. They provide top-class translations for corporate clients.
With offices across the UK, Germany, USA and Bulgaria, more than 90 in-house translators and project managers, and over 150 employees worldwide, their team continues to expand rapidly.
On any given day, you may find yourself:
- Proofreading translations from German and ideally French into English using CAT tools & providing feedback to translators about relevant corrections
- Editing English texts to ensure linguistic and grammatical accuracy
- Ensuring texts consistently meet their clients' expectations
- Being the main contact for internal and external translators for all linguistic issues
- Several years' experience as a translator/proofreader/editor for German into English translations
- Degree in translation studies or related with focus on German into English translations (focus on engineering and automotive texts are a bonus)
- Exceptional native-level English language skills with advanced writing skills & high stylistic and grammatical competency
- Exceptional German language skills
- Fluent-level French language skills (desirable)
- Pronounced sense of quality and responsibility
- Comprehensive knowledge of CAT tools (e. Trados Studio, Transit NXT, Across)
They have some great benefits on offer, including:
- An international office
- Comprehensive training
- Company pension plan
- 25 days holiday plus bank & public holidays
Have we caught your interest?
Type: Permanent, Full Time
If this role sounds of interest, click the APPLY button now.
Please also include a cover letter, your desired salary and availability within your CV.
Successful candidates will be invited to do a test translation.