Fire and Security Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated, Fire and Security Engineer to join a well-established Fire & Security company based in Aberdeen.
The Fire & Security Engineer will act as part of the Installation and Commissioning department but also liaise with other members of staff throughout the organisation. The successful candidate should represent a professional image at all times.
These will include, but are not limited to, the installation, maintenance and servicing of fire, security, and other associated systems; carrying out remedial works according to work schedules and targets; testing and commissioning of systems; offering professional advice and guidance; building strong relationships with customers and clients.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Fire, Security, and Intruder Alarms in conjunction with Door Access Control
- Knowledge and experience of working with CCTV Systems
- Knowledge and experience of Refuge & Disabled Alarm Systems
- Good problem solving/analytical skills
- A full, UK Driver's Licence
- A willingness to participate in a standby/call-out rota which involves working evenings and weekends
- To have the ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, customers and outside bodies
- To have the ability to understand and disseminate specifications and technical drawings
- To be able to display initiative and to have strong attention to detail
- To be highly result orientated with a strong drive to deliver/succeed
- Knowledge of various fire detection systems and software
- Knowledge and experience of BS7671:2008+A3:2015 IET Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
- Knowledge and experience of BS5839:1-2013 Fire Detection and Fire Alarms Code of Practice
- Knowledge and experience of BS4737-4 Intruder Alarm Systems in buildings
Job Description: Fire and Security Engineer
Reports to: Operations Manager
Hours: 40 HOURS PER WEEK, MONDAY TO FRIDAY. Some weekend and evening work may be required, as well as taking part in the 'on call' rota.
Salary: A competitive basic salary, company pension and company vehicle.