Marketing Manager (Adult Education)
Maryvale Institute is an international Catholic distance-learning college which provides opportunities for adult formation through further and higher education courses across all levels. Once the home of Blessed John Henry Newman, Maryvale is on the site of the ancient settlement of Oscott, about five miles from Birmingham City Centre. With its charming buildings, in which Christian values and prayer are almost tangible, its long and interesting history and its peaceful grounds, Maryvale is spiritual ‘home’ to many, besides being an academic centre of international repute. Maryvale’s Higher Institute of Religious Sciences, set up by the Holy See, is the only such provider of ecclesiastical degrees in the English-speaking world.
Reporting to the Director of the Institute, the Marketing Manager has lead responsibility for increasing the number of students enrolling on Maryvale courses, from within the diocese and beyond. He or she is responsible for both refining existing promotional and marketing activity and devising new ways to achieve this objective.
The principal duties include the following:
- Plan and implement Institute-wide marketing strategy, incorporating both conventional and online methods.
- Build up direct contacts with individuals, groups and media organisations, both within the diocese and beyond, to promote Maryvale and its courses.
- Identify and implement opportunities for course and Institute promotion by attending and (where relevant) addressing local, national and international events.
- Work on printed material (e.g. course posters and flyers and Institute prospectus) and promotion through relevant press outlets, dioceses and parishes and at targeted events, to supplement online products.
- Write and optimise content to be submitted for the website and social networking accounts.
- Analyse website and social media engagement data, and provide regular internal reports.
- Research, develop and implement digital marketing campaigns, including provision of content for email campaigns. Investigate feasibility of pay per click (PPC) advertising.