Outreach Support Worker (Must Have Portable Online DBS)
A well established national organisation is now recruiting for Outreach Support Workers in Bristol, Exeter, Paignton (Devon), Plymouth, Taunton, Torquay, Weston-Super-Mare and Yeovil areas. You will be supporting children & young people between 16 - 25 years old who are leaving the care system and need additional support to remain independent. You will work with people who come from neglected backgrounds, sexual exploitation and other traumatic situations who may have mental health, anti social behaviour and EBD so they will display challenging behaviour.
Main Job Role:
- This is a professional parental role (lone working) offering therapeutic / emotional support
- You will support them with managing their tenancy, claiming benefits, job-hunting and help with alternative education
- Support them out and about in the community
- If clients become challenging then support workers will need to remove themselves from the situation and call the police or the on-call manager if required.
- Must have an online DBS on the update service
- Available to start after a week
- Have at least 1 year experience in the care industry
- Must have a driving license with your own car
- You will be required to add Business insurance to your insurance
- Willing to travel upto 1 hr & 30mins (you will get paid your mileage after 10 miles commute)
- Strong, firm and resilient candidates (set boundaries)
- All interviews will be held in the head office in Bristol so you must travel here for interview.
Contract / Terms:
- Salary is £17,326 per annum = £8 an hour
- You may do 1 - 2 sleep-in per week which are paid at £35 per sleep = an extra £1,820 - £3,640 per year
- You will get your rota 1 week in advance
- Shift patterns vary but typically are between 7am - 11pm and sleeps are 11pm till 7am.
- We offer upto 40 hours per week between Mondays to Fridays + alternative weekends
- Mileage is paid at 25p per mile
Benefits (pro rota):
- You will be provided with an excellent training program with full support
- Great progression - all managers except 1 started off as support workers who are now managers!
- Will be given the chance to complete your NVQ / QCF
- 28 days holiday allowance which include bank holidays
If you have the right skills or experience for this role; then please call Jeet on 0117 9221130 or email your CV with the job reference number to: - thank you and good luck with your job search
Connect with me on:
LinkedIn: Jeet Kaur-Sathi