Karmelle has an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join the team based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of £30,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience.
Karmelle Ltd is a specialist in design, manufacture and installations of Liquid filling, capping and Labelling Machinery. With more than 30 years of experience we pride ourselves on quality and longevity of our products, that’s why we make most of our components ourselves and source the rest as locally as possible. Our reputation is based upon recommendation!
Design Engineer – Job Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to join Karmelle. We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer to fill a varied role, working on a number of different projects. This role offers variety, project management will include responsibility for a project from start to completion, cooperating with a number of team members. This is a full time position with early finish on Fridays.
Main Job tasks, responsibilities & skills as our Design Engineer:
You will work independently alongside a team of mechanical engineers to create the drawings necessary for production of Liquid Filling, Capping & Labelling machines. You will be expected to research new developments and turn those into technical plans to create 3D, including drives and motion.
Your exact duties would depend on the project but could include:
- Research – using mathematical modelling
- Design – turning research ideas into technical plans for prototypes using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software
- Modifying designs
- Liaising with customers
Knowledge / Experience Required to become our Design Engineer:
- Proficient in use of CAD: Autocad
- Conceptual vision of machinery essential
- Minimum 3-5 years experience
- Experience managing multiple ongoing projects
- Control – PNP – NPN
- Skilled in research of new developments and innovations
- Previous work experience in the automated packaging environment
- Knowledge of electrical & pneumatic design
- Experience with procuring / purchasing – good phone manner
- Experience using Microsoft project
- Knowledge of ATEX
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Design Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now!