School Site Technician (Caretaker)
Tower View Primary School, Burton upon Trent
- Grade 3 10-13
- 37 hours per week
- Monday to Thursday and Friday until 1pm
Our growing and increasingly successful school with extensive grounds and a bungalow on site requires a Site Technician to replace the current staff member who is retiring after 18 years in July 2018. You will be an integral part of the school team and be supported by strong leadership and Governing Board. The post is to start as soon after May 2018.
Key Requirements and skills:
We are seeking someone who is decisive, uses their initiative and has some experience in a similar position. An on-site bungalow is included as part of the role at a significantly reduced and competitive rent and the expectation is the post-holder lives pre-dominantly on-site. We need someone who is:
- Committed to the long-term development of the role and the school’s security and site maintenance.
- A team player, but can act on their own initiative and make informed decisions quickly and effectively.
- Has experience in a practical and/or similar role and will be able to undertake day-to-day maintenance of properties and have a strong work ethic.
- A people person with excellent communication skills and can build relationships well.
- A “Have-a-go” person with high expectations, pride and self-motivation.
- Understands clearly the importance of Safeguarding and their role in this.
What the school will offer:
- A staff and Governing board who are passionate about the school, its pupils and the surrounding community.
- Commitment to staff well-being and making a difference.
- Appropriate training opportunities for all staff.
- Fantastic environment to work and live in.
- A friendly staff team.
- The chance to be part of something special.
Towerview Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share and uphold this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. It is our number one priority.
Visits to the school are both encouraged and welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange.
Tower View Primary School February 2018.
Closing Date: Thursday 1st February 2018 3pm
Interviews to be held: 13.02.2018
Position begins: 25.05.2018 (bungalow available from 23.07.2018)