Senior Optical Glazing Technician
I am recruiting for a Senior Optical Glazing Technician for a prestigious world-renowned glazing specialist based in Birmingham. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company you will most likely be with for the rest of your career as they are the pinnacle of the glazing industry.
You will be responsible for the glazing of very high end and bespoke glasses, materials will include rimless, wood, horn, lindberg, metal, plastic and supra. These will be produced using MEI machines and manual edger's. Being a senior technician, you will also be expected to have a high attention to detail and quality, will be resizing lenses with a hand edger, repairing, reshaping and adjusting frames.
My client is a leading international optical lens and frame manufacturer. You would be joining the market leader of this industry. They put a high amount of emphasis on quality of the production; this is not your average high street opticians who manufacture on a mass daily scale.
You will be joining a professional and experienced team of 14 which is made up of a Manager, 2 team leaders, a trainer, 3 senior technicians, 5 technicians and 2 support technicians. With the company growing rapidly, this team is likely to expand further.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Frame tracing
- Manual & automated blocking
- Lens edging (manual & automated)
- Rimless drilling & milling
- Hand finishing and fitting of:
Full rim metal/plastic frames
Specialist frames such as Horn, Gold, Wooden and Lindberg
- Rectify orders that may fall below the clients expected standard
- Final verification of complete spectacles to ISO standards
- Ensure work is prioritised appropriately in date order, to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure that requirements for consumable replenishments are reported to a member of the leadership group when necessary.
- Pro-actively deal with process issues and report to line management when necessary.
- Promote regular, positive communication to the team and other members of the leadership group, encouraging operational morale.
- Ensure that equipment is cleaned, maintained and in good working order for production.
- To ensure the working environment is clean and tidy, to reduce contamination and meet Health & Safety objectives, influencing everyone within the workplace.
- To identify issues, errors and report in good time to avoid major issues
- A minimum of 5 years' optical glazing experience
- Experience of glazing rimless frames
- Experience of frame adjustments, repairs such as replacing 8 cords in supra or lower nylons, adjusting plastic frames etc whilst maintaining high levels of quality without damage to the frames.
- Steady hand with experience of using a hand edger
- Ability to glaze difficult orders, occasionally even the "Standard" work can be very difficult to glaze, frames need bowing or adjusting, lenses need hand edging down whilst maintaining the shape.
- Experience of glazing special materials to include, wood, horn and lindberg
- MEI glazing machine experience
- SMS Tech qualification
***THERE WILL BE A PRACTICAL TEST AS PART OF THE FIRST INTERVIEW; PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE OPTICAL GLAZING EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Above industry average salary of up to £25000 dependant on experience
- Annual bonus up to £1500
- 23 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- 2 week rotational shift pattern:
Week 1 - 5 days out of 6 Mon-Sat 7-3, (day off in week for sat work)
Week 2 - Mon-Fri - 10-6
- Free car parking or travel to/from work within West Midlands zone 5
- Pension scheme of up to 9%
- Bupa Insurance
- Annual activity fun day
- Modern office
- Uniform provided
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call me on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***