We have an opportunity for a Transport Planner to join our team in Huddersfield on a full time, permanent basis.
Readymix Huddersfield supplies readymixed concrete from its manufacturing plants throughout Yorkshire and is part of the progressive family owned Myers Group.
You will receive a competitive salary plus great benefits including;
- Excellent Holiday Allowance (including your Birthday Off) which increases with length of service.
- Pension Scheme
- Training & Development Programs to help meet your career ambitions
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Discounts
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Death in Service
As our Transport Planner you will be working in a busy transport office in the construction industry with responsibilities for order taking, vehicle planning and work allocation in real time. You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service whilst balancing the needs of fleet utilisation and operational capacity.
As our Transport Planner your duties and key responsibilities will include:
- Creating a transport plan for next day deliveries that provides excellent customer service whilst utilising a company owned fleet.
- Executing the pre-plan in real time with work allocation across a multi-site operation.
- Adhering to Driver Hours legislation and Working Time Directive.
- Building strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Key point of contact in managing drivers of a company owned fleet on a daily basis.
To become our Transport Planner you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Exceptional customer service skills together with a friendly and positive attitude
- Highly self-motivated and organised
- The ability to effectively communicate with clients at all levels
- Professional personal presentation, attitude and demeanour
- Enjoy working in a busy environment
If you feel you have all the skills and knowledge required to join our team as a Transport Planner please click ‘Apply’ today.
Huddersfield is commutable from Brighouse, Dewsbury, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Halifax and surrounding areas.
Unfortunately we can’t respond to all applications so if you haven’t heard from us within 3 weeks of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.