Facilities and Maintenance Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
Job Title: Facilities & Maintenance Engineer
Location: Dorking, Surrey (RH4)
Salary: £26,000 to £30,000 pro-rata depending on experience
Job Type: Part Time, Flexible Hours
The Company is a well-established manufacturer and renowned experts in machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components.
This role is an important part of the team to ensure the continuous, smooth operation of machines and facilities. The role is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the buildings, machinery and grounds as well as planning preventative maintenance and supporting facility changes and new equipment installation. Initially a part time role, the hours are to be agreed to fit both the applicant and the company with a good degree of flexibility. The role could be extended to full time, if suitable and agreed.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance
- Managing contractors including one to maintain and service CNC machining centres
- Responding to breakdowns
- Diagnosing faults
- Repairing equipment
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Sourcing suitable contractors for specific works
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Formulating maintenance procedures
- Managing stocks of equipment and relevant supplies
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A recognised apprenticeship in electrical or mechanical engineering, or a City & Guilds or BTEC equivalent.
- Good understanding of general building work (Electrics, Plumbing & Carpentry etc)
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude
- Efficiency and organisation
- Team working skills
Nice to have:
- Recognised third party electricians certification
- Fork lift truck licence
- CNC machine maintenance experience
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Facilities and Maintenance Engineer, CNC Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electrician, Facilities Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, CNC Machine Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Maintenance Technician may also be considered for this role.