Safety & Risk Advisor
Exciting opportunity not to be missed! G’s Group has a unique position available for a Safety & Risk Advisor (UK Farms) to join the team based in Littleport. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary and benefits - this is an exciting opportunity to develop your career!
At G’s, our philosophy is to be recognised as outstanding, market-led growers and suppliers of sustainable, healthy fresh produce, and to be at the forefront of the industry in everything we do. G’s is an incredibly exciting place to work. Being at the leading edge of modern food production means it’s fast-paced, stimulating and rewarding. We work with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe and want people who will do what’s right for G’s and our customers. We can only achieve this through the dedication of our people, underpinned by our values; Trust, Efficiency, Quality, Expertise, Can-do.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Safety & Risk Advisor (UK Farms) to join the H&S Team within Farms.
Main responsibilities of the Safety & Risk Advisor (UK Farms) include:
- Advise and work with teams to ensure improvement of health, safety and risk management, to operations as directed by the Head of Safety Risk and CI.
- Deliver internally and externally what is agreed, on time, and to standard, delivering UK Strategic H&S and BU derived plans into the operations in a prioritised manner.
- Support & Advice - Provide comprehensive support, advice and assistance in order to comply with current UK safety law and UK policy, plans and strategy.
- Compliance with the health and safety policy - Monitor compliance with the safety policy and systems to ensure as far as is reasonably practicable that a safe working environment is maintained at all times
- Maintenance of Safety Management System - Maintain all appropriate Safety documentation for businesses in your area or responsibility and conduct appropriate safety audits and safety management reviews to ensure alignment with the policy.
- Consistency and Development - Work closely with the Head of Safety Risk and CI and Safety & Risk Advisors, to ensure development of and consistency in health and safety standards across operations under advisors control.
- Accident and incident reporting - Co-ordinate appropriate investigation and facilitate analysis on all incidents and accidents that occur on site and make practical recommendations to minimise further incidents. Ensure correct reporting of accidents and incidents and behavioural conversations, ensuring correct escalation to management. In regards to significant incidents, including those where emergency services are contacted or arrive on site. Escalate to the Head of Safety, Risk and CI, Managing Director and Group (UK) Safety and Risk Director.
- Training - Identify specific training needs for the site. Ensure appropriate health and safety training is provided and evaluates the effectiveness of the training in order to meet safety policy standards. Provide health & safety training to operatives and any others reasonably requested by your manager.
- Team Support - Provide Safety Advisor cover to other Group sites as required in order to maintain compliance with safety legislation and the Group / UK Farms safety management system.
Skills, knowledge and experience required by the Safety & Risk Advisor (UK Farms):
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within food industries.
- A NEBOSH Diploma is preferable. A NEBOSH Certificate may also be considered for the right candidate who is prepared to develop and work towards Charted status.
Why work for G’s?
With future scope for career progression, G’s prides itself on offering great opportunities for training, progression and development. G’s is the place to be to develop and meet your long term career goals. We aim to be an employer of choice.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join Europe’s leading fresh produce companies as our Safety & Risk Advisor (UK Farms).
G’s are an equal opportunities employer.