Technical Services Engineer / Field Service Engineer
Job Title: Technical Services Engineer
Location: Watford (and Oxford on request)
Salary: £26,000 - £32,000 per annum dependent on experience
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Candidate Must have a full UK Driver's License and own Transport.
The company is a rapidly growing Managed Service Provider and have their own Data Centre in Watford from where they offer an extensive range of IT solutions and consultancy to businesses nationally. Specialising in cloud hosted services supported by Citrix, their people possess in-depth knowledge of the IT software and hardware they support and their services offered. Due to expansion, they are now looking to recruit an additional Technical Service Engineer to be based primarily at the Watford Head Office with occasional time spent onsite within their Client's site based in Oxford. The successful candidate must be willing to travel between both offices, and have a full UK Valid Driving license with use of their own transport.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Installing, configuring and maintaining end user workstation hardware, software and peripheral devices, both at the client's site and remotely
- Receive and respond to incoming calls both to dedicated client, and the company's other customers upon request
- Performing on-site analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex pc problems
- Recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions
- Accurately documenting technical notes
- Undertake assignments as requested by the Service team to ensure all customer requirements are met
- Closely monitor backups - investigate and be proactive if any issues arise
- Work closely with the Sales department to recommend and Place hardware orders where necessary
Key Skills include:
- Knowledge of working within Citrix
- Previous IT Field Service Engineer experience is essential, including server, network, desktop support, hardware and software installations
- Possessing excellent communication and customer service skills
- You must also have the ability to troubleshoot user problems in a timely and accurate fashion
- Must hold excellent inter-personal skills, and excellent verbal and written skills
Ideally candidates will be located in Watford or the surrounding areas. They offer a competitive salary and benefits package including private healthcare cover after probation.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Technical Services Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Services Technician, IT Field Services Engineer, Network Support, Technical Engineer, Citrix Engineer may also be considered for this role.