Field Engineer / Field Service Engineer / Service Engineer
Job Title: Field Engineer
Location: Home Based Role
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent - 37 Hours Per Week
The company, part of M Group Services, are a market leading provider of essential infrastructure services in the UK and Ireland. Their Blue-chip clients rely on them to engineer, install and maintain their networks. They are currently looking for Field Engineer to join their Engineering Services team.
The successful candidate will be required to work on project deployments for customers across the UK. Part of this role will include working on a weekly shift rota, including 24/7 on call.
- Fault finding and resolution.
- Optical technologies, including installation, commissioning, testing and integration.
- Mobile technologies covering 2G, 3G, 4G and LTE.
- Telecoms deployment in a sub-station environment.
- Completion of site risk assessments, site visit reports and technical documentation.
- Providing 1st line support.
- Troubleshooting of customer equipment, including transmission, mobile networks, datacomms, switching, PSTN/ADSL.
- Testing and troubleshooting of CAT5 structured cabling and fibre optic cabling.
- Assisting with the pre-configuration and installation of telecoms equipment in accordance with design documentation.
- H&S guidelines and requirements when working in a range of environments including but not limited to switch rooms, rooftops, street works and sub stations.
- Fibre optic experience is essential for the role.
- A sound technical knowledge of multiple technologies and products.
- Good working knowledge of current telecoms systems.
- High competency level in the use of power tools, hand tools and ladders.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft products, basic DOS commands and VT software.
- NPPV3 (beneficial).
- Excellent communication skills via email, telephone and face to face.
- A positive approach to work.
- A conscientious and flexible attitude.
- A technically minded individual who is keen to progress.
- Enthusiastic personalities who can adapt to a fast-paced environment.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Filed Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Fibre Optic, Telecoms' Engineer, DOS, Telecommunications, CAT5, NPPV3, PSTN, ADSL, Support Engineer, Service Engineer may also be considered for this role.