Multi Skilled Building Services Engineer
Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) Building Services Engineer
This role is an immediate start with use of a company van and 20 days holiday per annum rising by 1 day of holiday for each year of service completed to a maximum of 24 days holiday
Reader Air is a specialist technical building services company which provides for the broad spectrum of Mechanical & Electrical planned & reactive maintenance. The company also specializes in the Design, Installation, Maintenance and Repair of HVAC and Refrigeration systems that operate within commercial and industrial buildings.
Due to continuing growth, we are currently seeking a competent Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Multi skilled Building Services Engineer with relevant qualifications to deliver M&E services to our customers. This is a permanent role based from Woking, Surrey and will offer the successful candidate excellent earnings alongside personal development through professional training.
The competent Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Building Services Engineer role will be responsible for delivering high quality mechanical and electrical service to our clients. These services will include Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and small project work.
Daily PPM work in accordance with SFG20 across different sites normally within a 60 mile radius of Woking Surrey which will include Plant tours and maintenance to all typical plant found in commercial properties such as AHU’s, Fan Coils, boilers, plumbing, pipework, pressurization units and expansion vessels, BMS, sanitaryware, Lighting & Emergency Lighting, tap temperatures, water tank checks, Water pumps etc. Reporting any faults found or breakdowns immediately and suggesting repair works required. The role will allow for the same engineer to see the work through and repair the plant identified as faulty.
Reactive Maintenance work which can vary in levels of response rate from attending a site within 5 days to an emergency call out with a 4 hour response time in normal working hours and out of normal working hours.
- Compiling and collating all paperwork for tour reports planned maintenance and reactive works supplying electronic copies to the office as well as being responsible for filing these in the on‐site log books ensuring all are fully up to date.
- Liaising with all contractors and sub‐contractors on site, as well as being the face of Reader Air to the building’s tenants and Facilities Managers on site.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience in a similar role, Industry experience in an M&E / Commercial Building environment.
- You will have supporting mechanical and/or electrical qualifications and ideally experience with site health and safety.
- Mechanical skills but as a minimum some Plumbing skills if you have a mechanical bias
And / Or
- Electrical skills and would have 17th edition qualification if you have an electrical bias and if not would be willing to study for this
- Computer knowledge (MS Word/Excel/Outlook). Comfortable with using laptop/tablet to communicate with office via e-mail and dropbox.
- You will hold a full and clean Driving Licence and be happy to travel to sites primarily across London & South East of the UK and sometimes further afield.
- Methodical and organised approach to work tasks and work challenges with good report writing skills
- Be a self motivator with drive, enthusiasm, reliability and a willingness to develop skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and orally
- A good understanding of commercial workplace Health and Safety, a flexible attitude and ability to work within a fast moving environment is integral to this role.