We're looking for an experienced NetBackup Consultant to join our dynamic Operations team, managing our customers' diverse environments. You will be providing 2nd and 3rd line support to our front-line administrators, guiding them through problem solving and end to end resolution.
You will be consulted on changes to systems, policies and schedules to ensure the highest level of service is delivered to our clients. You will also plan and perform upgrades to NetBackup environments and their underlying OS.
- Provide a 2nd and 3rd line point of escalation to our team of Backup Administrators
- Guide and mentor our Backup Administrators through all aspects of backup best practice, including policy creation, amendment, problem resolution and optimisation
- Plan and perform upgrades to NetBackup environments and their underlying OS
- Ensure backup environment documentation and knowledgebase is kept up to date and relevant
Experience and skills required
- 5 years working in Netbackup support or consultancy
- Demonstrable experience in the backup and recovery of Exchange, SQL and NDMP)
- Experience in the backup and recovery of both physical and virtual machines
- Linux OS install and configure (preferably SUSE Enterprise Linux)
- Windows Server install and configure
- Exposure to additional backup products (specifically eVault, Datto)
- Experience in the administration of Enterprise Vault
- Experience configuring NBU Puredisk
- Optimising backups and duplication to tape (LT04, LT05, LT06)
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
- Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
- Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels.
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
- Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.