Lead Web Designer
Job title – Lead Web Designer
Contract Type– Full time
Travel Required – No
Location – London
Salary – £47,000 per Annum
Hours – 39 Hours (9am to 5pm)
Starting Date of Advert – 22/12/2017
Closing Date – 19/01/2018
We’re looking to hire a full-time lead Web Designer who will direct the design of all future versions of our products, and help us deliver delightful digital experiences to our global user base. Our business specialises in Publishing and have several active projects that require an expert to translate our clients experience into the digital world.
You’ll own and drive the full end-to-end design process for mobile web and desktop, from research and initial concepts to high fidelity visual design and testing.
You should have a keen eye for clean, simple design and be able to translate customer insights into interaction flows, wireframes and beautifully simple UI. You will have designed a first class product in a fast moving startup environment (preferably a crowdfunding startup), and know what it is like to grow fast and build something exceptional.
- Working collaboratively with the product manager and development team to create effective and delightful user experiences.
- Using your product design, interaction design and visual design skills to build new features and identify areas for improvement in existing ones
- Preparing and conducting user research and usability tests.
- Competitive analysis, user flows, wireframing, prototyping and developing high fidelity designs.
- Craft beautiful visual designs, illustrations and animations that reflect our product branding.
- Working on improving our main website Unbound as well as our newly launched online literary magazine Boundless
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong skills in visual design, illustration, hand lettering and producing SVG animations. Excellent feel for aesthetic and clean design.
- Deep understanding and experience of design thinking, product discovery, UX research methodologies, and the full end-to-end design process.
- Experience of having worked through multiple product build and release cycles (requirements > design > development > release > analysis).
- Experience in, and disciple of, data-driven and user-centred design.
- Experience in a crowdfunding startup preferable.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, multi-task, work at pace and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confident working in Figma, Invision and Adobe CC.
- Photography skills a strong advantage.
- Be able to communicate fluently
About the team
We’re a small but productive and growing team split between London and Dublin who all care deeply about Unbound’s mission. Our process is agile, working in two week sprints. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve our workflow, and you would be part of that.