Telecoms Installation Engineer
Location: Surrey / M3 / Hampshire area
Role:Telecoms Installation / Field Engineer
Experience: Avaya IP Office, Panasonic, Splicecom or other PBX / IP Telephony systems
Benefits: Salary £30,000 - £35,000 + vehicle
Our client is an established B2B Telecoms supplier and are located on the borders of Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire. They provide a combined platform of telephony products, including on site and cloud hybrid solutions, VoIP, SIP, lines, calls and Connectivity They are now seeking a experienced Telecoms Installation Engineer to join the team.
*Installation and onsite delivery of telephony solutions, including remote set up planning
*Performing detailed site surveys and preparing quality written reports and for review after
* Finding creative solutions to the challenges of network design, mobile communications, data
service requirements and internet and network signalling protocols
*Working to tight timescales as part of a high-performing team
*Completing timely and accurate on the job internal paperwork. Completing external
paperwork with the customer.
*Proactive advising and liaising with internal and external customers
*Proactively escalating and service delivery issues with both the customer and internal
*Identifying any product up sell opportunities
*Attending training and seminars to keep up to date with the latest developments.
* Providing technical guidance to colleagues and other teams
* Ad hoc help on the technical support desk, if and when required.
* Experience in installation and programming of current telephone systems and hosted
*Experience on Avaya, Panasonic and/or Splicecom Systems would be a definite advantage.
Up to date training and certification on relevant systems.
*Practical knowledge of IP networking including deploying firewalls and routers and switches.
* Understanding of MPLS and large routed multi-site telephony networks.
* Skilled in deploying PSTN, ISDN & SIP trunking.
*Experience installing and maintaining telephony and structured cable.
*Some knowledge of virtualization and VMware preferred but not essential.
*Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* Full clean UK driving license.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking. Ability to work
independently and using initiative.
* Experienced user of MS Office toolset.