Assistant Buyer / Buying Assistant / Junior Buyer
Job Title: Assistant Buyer
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is an Industry leading Energy Services and Regeneration business led by a senior management team with over 20 years' experience in the sector.
Purpose of the Role:
To negotiate and manage the procurement function and negotiate priced agreements on behalf of the company, ensuring best value for money at all times and adherence to the group supply chain strategies and purchasing policy.
- Liaise with Estimating, to provide advice and support to tenders, to ensure that the company's tenders are competitive.
- Maintain, develop and update LH focus.
- Agree standardised discounts and rebates with key material suppliers.
- Perform weekly spend analysis ensuring correct price is being paid or best value is being achieved, and to control/manage spend within the company.
- Support contracts with any procurement requirements, including researching, specialist sourcing, finding opportunities for value engineering/specification changes, and negotiating bulk call off orders.
- Support the Purchasing Manager/Senior Buyer/Buyer with project procurement requirements.
- Maintain regular contact with all suppliers in order to maintain and develop good relations with current and future supply chain members.
- Supplier sourcing.
- Ensuring best deal on Payment terms, negotiation and management, and to ensure payment on the terms agreed.
- Negotiating and administration of purchasing contracts, including call-off and managing as appropriate.
- Produce savings against tendered budgets.
- Communicate and update site managers with material procurement best practices.
- Ensure all plant hire data is regularly maintained and accurate at all times.
- Previous knowledge & experience of construction supply chain activities (Desirable)
- Possess good all round knowledge of building products (Desirable)
- Computer Literate, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems (Essential)
Skills and Abilities
- Self-Driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook (Essential)
- Able to get on with others and be a team player (Essential)
- Must be able to work on their own initiative (Essential)
- Excellent face to face and telephone communicator (Essential)
- Enthusiastic (Essential)
- Able to manage and priorities work under pressure (Essential)
- Able to understand profit and loss calculation and basic business finance (Essential)
- Must be competent writer of business letters, emails and proposals (Essential)
- Previous experience in a similar role (Essential)
- Able to communicate and motivate via written media (Essential)
- Effective proactive liaison with other departments (Essential)
- Good organizational and analytical skills (Essential)
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills (Essential)
- People management skills, experience and natural ability would be useful (Desirable)
- Ability to project manage and co-ordinate the work of others (Desirable)
- GCSE or equivalent - A-C Inc English, Maths, Science (Desirable)
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Buying Assistant, Assistant Buyer, Junior Buyer, Procurement, Purchasing, Assistant Buyer, Procurement Assistant, Buying Assistant may also be considered for this role.