ESTATE GENERAL MANAGER
ESTATE GENERAL MANAGER
Diverse rural Estate
Attractive Salary + Benefits
Bodorgan Estate, Anglesey, North Wales
The Bodorgan Estate is seeking to recruit a General Manager to help revitalise the Estate and develop it into one of Wales’ leading and best run estates.
This is a hands-on and challenging role and requires an experienced, adaptable, collaborative and imaginative individual who:
- is as committed as we are to the future success of Anglesey;
- has the ability to lead and inspire the team; and
- will work together with the Chairman, the Group COO and the whole Bodorgan team to deliver our ambitious vision.
The Bodorgan Estate is a multi-generation, family-owned estate which is today the largest land-holding on Anglesey and with much of its potential as yet undeveloped. The Estate comprises:
- traditional estate assets such as let farms, a large residential and holiday let portfolio, family houses, gardens and amenity land, forestry, and let quarries;
- a growing collection of directly operated businesses including a farm business operated on a 50/50 partnership basis, a coastal caravan park, and sporting businesses;
- a full-service property management team and a property maintenance team; and
- high quality natural assets (ecology and landscape).
Responsibilities will include:
- Taking charge of all aspects of the Bodorgan Estate and the leadership of the whole team on a daily basis as well as representing Bodorgan at all times and at all levels
- Being a permanent and visible presence as well as working closely with the Chairman and reporting regularly to the Group COO and Estate trustees
- Drawing up and delivering multiple budgets which generate a healthy and growing cash surplus
- Effective dealing with local farmers, government officials and local stakeholders
- Defining and delivering the Estate’s conservation objectives
You must have:
- A powerful reason for wanting to work in North Wales and a demonstrable interest in Bodorgan’s asset base
- Experience of managing rural property assets; running a team of people (although not necessarily a team of rural property managers); and drawing up, delivering and reporting multiple budgets
- Organisational awareness combined with the ability to lead change
- A keen focus on implementation and a desire to deliver results
- A high degree of autonomy and self-motivation
- Natural diplomacy and common sense
Please email your CV with full salary details, quoting reference F/L230
For further information please contact Charlie Holroyde on 020 7917 9456.
Hanover Fox International, 180 Piccadilly, London W1J 9HF.