Finance Assistant / Accounts Administrator
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: Up to £18,000 depending on skills & experience
Contract: 9-month fixed term contract (with the possibility of being extended, or going permanent)
Who are they?
The company is a spatial systems integrator creating innovative solutions to meet clients' evolving needs. They focus on cleansing, enhancing and successfully extracting strategic value from spatial data. Their success is down to the talented and great people they have recruited. They are a global business that has offices in Cambridge (UK), Ireland, France, Belgium, USA and Australia. Due to a period of product and market development they are in an exciting period of growth for the business.
What are they looking for?
They are looking for an experienced administrator, who has an interest in pursuing a career within Finance. You will be organised, with proven communication skills and able to use your initiative to ensure all duties are completed on time and with precision. This is initially a 9-month fixed term contract, but there is a high possibility that this will be either extended, or made permanent for the right candidate.
What will you do?
The successful candidate will work as part of their Finance team in providing support to the other members of the team in areas of invoice processing, expense claim processing, purchase order processing and expense analysis. You will also be required to provide cover for their Receptionist.
Core tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure incoming purchase invoices and expenses are correctly authorised either by previously raised purchase order or by management sign off.
- Ensure correct nominal and job coding allocated on purchase invoices and expense claims.
- Maintain schedule of company credit card payments and reconcile to statement
- Check supplier statements to purchase ledger
- Ensure expense claims cross cast and correct FX rates used
- Counting and preparation for banking of honesty box takings
- Input purchase ledger invoices and expense claims to accounting system on correct group company
- Input journals as prepared
- Filing of all input documents
- Communicate with suppliers over invoicing queries
- Communicate with other company offices on accounting queries
- Communicate with customer finance departments on payment queries
- Cover all base level activities of Receptionist/Administrator in the event of the absence of the job holder.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a Finance, or admin role is desirable
- Excellent communication skills which will help build and maintain working relationships with customers, both internal and external
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven knowledge of MS Office with demonstrable Excel knowledge
- Excellent prioritisation and time management with the ability to manage multiple workloads
- Self-motivated team player with strong problem solving skills and a keen attitude towards taking responsibility
What can they offer?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave, plus recognition for long service
- Generous personal pension scheme
- Private Health Insurance and Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Social programme including monthly social gatherings, summer/Christmas parties and a running club
- Free car parking
- Refreshments including soft drinks and fruit
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Accounts Assistant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Assistant Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Administrator, Admin, may also be considered for this role.