Warehouse Assistant / Warehouse / Goods In / Picking / Packing / Fork Lift
Warehouse Assistant is needed for our client, the UK's largest dealer-owned buying operation for independent hardware retailers, to be based in Bedford. They provide low cost, efficient distribution and retail support services to over 450 member stores.
They have permanent long term vacancies at their Elms Farm Industrial Estate Distribution Centre in Bedford for General Warehouse duties - goods inward/goods outwards duties picking orders for despatch etc.
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy at a fast paced tempo and be able to hit productivity targets
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Punctual, reliable and flexible
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy as you will be working with printed delivery notes / picking sheets / loading sheets etc
- Can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to drive Reach and/or Counterbalance Forklift trucks (Licences are not essential as training is available)
- 2 years previous experience (desirable, not essential)
Hours: 40 hours per week, hours are dependent on the role and are either:
- Order Picking: Mon-Thu, 7am-6pm
- Order Packing (2 week rotation) - Week 1: Mon-Thu, 9am-6pm, Fri, 7-4 / Week 2: Mon - Thu, 7am-6pm
- Goods Inwards: Mon - Fri, 7 - 4
Salary: £8 per hour
Employment will be conditional on working additional hours at end of day, as and when required, to complete the day's work
Please note employment will be conditional on working additional hours at end of day, as and when required, to complete the day's work.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.