Exciting opportunity not to be missed! G’s Group has a unique position available for a Hostel Facilities Operative to join the team based in Barway. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary - this is an exciting opportunity to develop your career!
At G’s, our philosophy is to be recognised as outstanding, market-led growers and suppliers of sustainable, healthy fresh produce, and to be at the forefront of the industry in everything we do. We can only achieve this through the dedication of our people, and by working by our values; Trust, Efficiency, Quality, Expertise, Can-do.
A vacancy has arisen for a Hostel Facilities Operative within the hostel team.
A vital member of the team, the role will involve maintaining and improving all Hostel buildings across four sites. The main purpose of the role will be to work as part of the Facilities team to assist the smooth running of the facilities department.
Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of all employees and the optimum running efficiency of all equipment, plant and services.
This is a full time position.
The key responsibilities of the Hostel Facilities Operative include:
- Work in line with our group values; Trust, Efficiency, Quality & Expertise and Can-do
- Liaise with Site Managers on a daily basis, ensuring at all times the jobs are prioritised.
- Implement a clean as you go system whenever working
- Check all accommodation sites on a weekly basis and ensure checks are recorded.
Experience/qualifications/training required by the Hostel Facilities Operative:
- A construction qualification would be an advantage but training can be given.
- Must have experience in a building maintenance role.
- Good fault finding abilities
- Flexible approach
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Must be a team player with good attention to detail
- Proven problem solving skills
- Able to motivate self and others in team
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a forward thinking Facilities team.
Hours of work: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m, however flexibility is essential due to the nature of the business and the role.
Why work for G’s?
With future scope for career progression, G’s prides itself on offering great opportunities for training, progression and development. G’s is the place to be to develop and meet your long term career goals. We aim to be an employer of choice.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join our team as a Hostel Facilities Operative.
Closing date for applications: 5th January 2018
G’s are an equal opportunities employer.