Head of I.T.
Formed in 2001, Trent & Dove is a Housing Association providing affordable housing for rent and shared ownership across East Staffordshire ,South Derbyshire & North West Leicestershire. With a Mission to Transform Homes Lives and neighbourhoods they have the goal of expanding to be an organisation of over 10,000 homes by 2022. Through the provision of affordable homes and a wide range of supporting services, such as mental health, family support and volunteer projects, they enable people and communities to thrive and enjoy life.
T&D developed a new and ambitious Strategic Plan in 2017 built on customers’ identified needs, with targets to more than double new housing development, and significant investment in existing stock and our local communities.. The Strategic Plan for 2017- 2022 can be downloaded from the web site (add link).
Head of I.T.
Competitive Salary Package
The successful candidate will, as a member of the SMT contribute to the development and implementation of an IT strategy to support the organisations growth, and take full responsibility for its delivery including maintaining IT infrastructure, day to day service to the organisation, managing a significant program of modernisation & improvement and keeping Trent & Dove in touch with developing technologies.
You will have strong leadership skills, commercial awareness and excellent business partnering skills in order to drive performance. You will lead the IT function in providing first class support to the business as it implements its ambitious business and financial plans.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the IT strategy supports the ongoing direction of the organisation.
- Maintaining a significant program of projects.
- To lead the IT section on a day to day basis ensuring that all services provided and received are performed to the agreed levels, and follow the highest standards.
- Responsible for Team and individual development, ensuring high level of morale and motivation is maintained.
- Ensure high level of customer service is delivered to internal customers and team members performance is maintained and measured.
- Ensure medium and short term infrastructure and application development plans are developed in partnership with the business and the team and are adequately resourced
- Performance management of external suppliers, ensuring they perform well against the agreed SLA and poor performance dealt with effectively.
- Working collaboratively with the business to ensure the service delivered is appropriate to their business requirements.
- Support ongoing IT skills and knowledge within the business.
- Ensure the organisations network, systems and data are secure with appropriate defences and processes in place to keep security up to date, and Disaster Recovery, backup systems are appropriate, regularly tested and effective.
- To ensure that appropriate IT standards are in place.
Trent and Dove can offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer/employee matched contribution pension scheme (up to 10%). We are keen to secure the services of a candidate of the highest calibre regardless of sector background.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious team during at a time of considerable change, internal and external, and contribute to the challenges and opportunities that exist, present and future.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 17th January 2018
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.