Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion
Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion?
Are you interested in part-time hours in the Brentwood area of Essex and are you a car driver? Do you want extra hours on an evening or weekend? Maybe you’re looking for a rewarding and fulfilling job role in the New Year?
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning care provider, specialising in companionship and personal care to private clients within their own homes. You will be supporting older people to help them remain independent. You will be helping them achieve this by:
- Assisting them with their morning or bedtime routines
- Prompting to take medication
- Assisting with washing and dressing
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments
- Preparing meals and being a friend and someone for company
Being a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
What are the potential hours?
Part-time hours are available, approximately 10-30 hours per week. Unfortunately, full time or school hours are not offered due to the nature of the work. If you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons. We are particularly interested in speaking to any candidates wanting some extra hours on an evenings or weekends, then this position is ideal for you.
What are the benefits?
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job
- Excellent hourly rate of £9.00 - £10.00 per hour
- Competitive mileage allowance
- Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression
What skills do you need to be a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion?
Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart!
You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit.
You will be able to strike a relationship and rapport with the person you are paired with
You will also be happy to provide personal care, which could be helping someone brush their teeth, assisting with washing, dressing, or brushing their hair. You will also have a UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
We are now recruiting for January’s Induction, if you would like to know more or feel that this is the right job for you, then please click apply!
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.