JOB TITLE: Cardiographer
AIM OF THE ROLE:
To provide specified cardiac investigations to Company clients/patients and Administration/QC support to the Clinical Department in line with the Company’s quality procedures and Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
The role requires good interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the post holder being computer literate and having knowledge of Microsoft word and Excel. There is a need for a high standard of literacy and numeracy within the work and the post holder will hold a Cert. Electrocardiography qualification or equivalent. Due to the nature of the work, and in the interests of patient care, there is a need for absolute accuracy and patient confidentiality at all times as well as adherence to the Company’s rigorous quality procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and GCP. In turn this requires the post holder to be committed, conscientious and motivated and able to work effectively as a member of a team in a pressured environment.
- Working to the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Patient management and preparation for procedures
- Recording of electrocardiograms and entry of data
- Undertaking Holter ECG and Ambulatory BP application and removals
- Ensuring a high standard of patient/client care including the cleanliness and stocking of clinical areas
- To train in immediate emergency life support
- Urine testing and analysis
- Use of the Compucare system to include inputting patient data
- Maintenance of the Crash Cart at all times
- Administrative & QC procedures
- Maintain and update professional knowledge including new procedures and techniques
- Perform Lung Functions
- Reception duties
- Any other duties commensurate to the level of the post
All clinical employees are required to register with the appropriate professional body for their profession and are required to comply with this professional body’s code of conduct and guidelines at all times.
Attend relevant study days and courses as necessary in addition to personal research to further your individual and professional development
Responsibility for the prevention & control of infection
Protecting and Safeguarding of personal/sensitive information.
1. Life Card Application & Removal.
2. Mortara H3 + Application and Removal.
3. ECG Recording.
4. Ambulatory BP Monitor Application & Removal.
5. Lung Function.
Maintenance of Personal Training Record
The post holder is initially accountable to the Clinical Services Manager, or as otherwise directed and ultimately the Board of Directors.
This job description only outlines the main responsibilities related to the post and is not intended to be exhaustive. Individual job duties will be subject to regular review with the post holder, normally at the Individual Performance Review (IPR) interview.