Pharmacy Assistant / Pharmacy Dispenser / Dispensing Assistant
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician - (ACT)
This is a unique and desirable opportunity for a committed and motivated Pharmacy Technician (ACT) to join an innovative, expanding, community driven Pharmacy business that lives by its core values.
The Company is looking for a Pharmacy Technician (ACT) to work closely with the Pharmacist in their onsite pharmacy unit in Croydon.
To be considered; registration with the GPhC is essential as well as an NVQ3 in Pharmacy Services and an Accuracy Checking Technician qualification.
You will also ideally have proven experience in a supervisory position.
Excellent attention to detail and a methodical mind set is essential for this position.
Your main role will be to accurately check prescription items that have been professionally/clinically screened by the Pharmacist and to assist the Pharmacist in ensuring the dispensary delivers a high level of customer service and operates effectively with regard to company policies and procedures.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure all prescriptions are dispensed and endorsed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Respect confidentiality of information concerning customers in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Ensure that locum pharmacists are briefed in and follow company dispensary procedures.
- Undertake the training required by the company to fulfil your role effectively, and ensure a high degree of professionalism.
- Keeping up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses.
- Deal with customer complaints and dispensing errors promptly and efficiently in accordance with company policy.
- Dispensary shelves to be clean, tidy, and well organised with special attention to risk management guidelines.
- Ensure the floor is kept clean, and free from hazards, i. boxes.
- To complete audits as requested by the company in a timely manner.
- To follow all company Health & Safety procedures and policies and complete any associated training.
- Ensure high standards of dispensary stock management, reduce stock holding and ensure maximum profitability.
- Ensure a date checking procedure is maintained and recorded.
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays)
- Training and development
- 30% staff discount
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Apply today to become a part of the family.
Please click the APPLY now button to submit your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Pharmacist, Pharmacy Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Dispenser, Dispensing Assistant, Dispensing Technician, Chemist Assistant, Chemist Technician, NVQ, Customer Service, Pharmaceutical Support, Pharmaceutical Assistant, Chemist Manager and Pharmacy Manager will also be considered for this role.