IT first line support technician
Immediate start available
An exciting opportunity has become available at a Bristol based company, who require a Support Technician to join their expanding team.
Outstanding customer service is our highest priority, and we need someone who can talk with customers both over the phone and in person, and who is able to manage customer expectations when handling complaints. Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a professional and confident manner are key, as is the ability to deal with people at all levels of seniority across various disciplines.
A good technical knowledge is also required, as complex technical queries may be escalated to this role. An understanding of Microsoft Windows and database administration (SQL) would be ideal, as would experience of networking. The ability to quickly learn new IT based skills and knowledge will be essential to this position, as the business develops software for which it also provides technical support.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a support technician your main duties will be:
· Respond to enquiries from customers and help them to resolve hardware or software problems
· Support customers over the telephone and using remote connections
· Take ownership of problems and be proactive in dealing with customer issues
· Working with SQL databases
· Occasionally visiting customers nationwide where needed
Qualifications and Skills
Experience of working in an IT helpdesk environment is desirable, but not essential.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
· Maintaining a high level of customer service
· To be team orientated but can work alone
· Organisational skills
· Have strong understanding of networks and providing hardware support
· Be able to work pro-actively and in a polite, approachable manner
· Be a quick learner and be able to apply knowledge in new situations