£16,258 pro rata, 22.5 hours per week
Part time, fixed term contract until 30 June 2018
Barnardo’s has been delivering services in Plymouth & the South West since 2010. This includes four clusters of Children’s Centres, Barnardo’s Independent Visiting & Advocacy Service (in Plymouth, Cornwall & Jersey), Barnardo’s Against Sexual Exploitation (BASE) and Young Carer’s Service.
In this role, you will work across the service providing part-time general administrative and secretarial support. This will include maintaining appropriate record systems, assisting in the processing of invoices as well as providing and assisting with telephone and reception arrangements.
The main duties of the role would include:
- Having an understanding of Barnardo’s Plymouth and the work that we do to support local vulnerable families
- Building working relationships with key partner agencies, including local Health & Social Care Teams
- Giving information and guidance to parents and carers, either by phone, email or in person
- Supporting the team with excellent administration skills, having full knowledge of MS Office including Publisher and the ability to use data and reporting systems
- Supporting the collection of data to contribute to the evaluation and analysis of these services
- Good understanding of Social Media and other virtual tools to promote the services and benefits of Barnardo’s Plymouth Services
With a thorough knowledge of administrative procedures, you will have an excellent telephone manner and be proficient in the use of Word and Excel. This will be matched by the ability to work to tight deadlines and with confidential information.
Closing date: 15 December 2017.
Barnardo’s Registered Charity Nos 216250 and SC037605.