Production Materials Planner
Production Materials Planner, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
To support the overall Company Production delivery team with the ordering of materials and outside services required to deliver the planned workload as detailed within each location committed workload plan. Ensuring booked work on depot has the required material forward ordered on the SAP system and that 'shorts' and 'not available' are clear and timescales for availability are sourced and communicated to each depot/contract manager and actively chased to ensure availability for when the booked work arrives on depot.
Critical Success Factors
- To actively review each depot locations medium and long term work plan for committed workload and raise IW32's on SAP to allocate material required to complete booked work to schedule.
- Working with SAP and liaise with Inventory and Logistics team to ensure all planned work materials' are on schedule to be delivered to the correct location on time.
- Communicate with suppliers for overhauled componentry to ensure float material is available and core is returned for overhaul in a timely manner to enable an prompt return for the next booked work. Eg wheel sets, electrical rotating equipment etc.
- To build productive and effective working relationships with Company staff and local third party suppliers.
- Adhere to and comply with the Company's Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Policies at all times.
- To participate in the Company appraisal process maintaining at all times the levels of professional competency laid out in this Job Description.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of production planning.
- Direct work experience in production/project planning and management.
- Proficient in project management software/techniques and tools.
- Excellent planning and co-ordination and team working skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Be a self- starter in order to achieve tasks and overcome problems.
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved in order to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in a material planning role or manufacturing planning and inventory control
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the Rail industry preferred.
Salary: £25,000-£35,000 + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Stock Controller Production Scheduler Materials Planner Purchasing Controller SAP Production Planner Demand Stoke on Trent Crewe Rail Industry Locomotive