Part-time Teacher of Italian
Part-time Teacher of Italian (maternity cover)
Currently 14 teaching hours per fortnight + PPA
Required as soon as possible
“Impington Village College is one of the best secondary schools in the country” Telegraph 16/09/2016
Impington Village College is part of the Morris Education Trust and we are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher with energy, enthusiasm and who is committed to the development of creative and engaging teaching and learning in Italian. This role will offer the opportunity to teach Italian at KS5 to native speakers as part of the International Baccalaureate Diploma in our ‘Outstanding’ (Ofsted 2016) international sixth form.
Italian is one of the most spoken languages in the College, with thirty per cent of the Sixth Form being native speakers and keen to retain their connections with their first language and literature.
This is also a great time to be joining Impington Village College. The College has delivered spectacular outcomes over the last two years, placing us in the top 5% of all schools nationally and establishing Impington as a leading provider in the region, including a Progress8 score of 0.66 and an IB Diploma pass rate of 97%, with an average point score of 34. The College received an excellent Ofsted report in Spring 2016, and this was followed by a successful application to be the Lead School in our new Teaching School Alliance, the newly-formed Morris Teaching School Alliance.
We are looking for an excellent practitioner who has:
- strong subject knowledge at KS5 and experience of teaching the International Baccalaureate programme
- the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students encouraging them to achieve the best they can
- a strong classroom presence to achieve high levels of student engagement and progress
- the qualities to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the Faculty/Sixth Form
IVC can provide you with:
- excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within
- a full programme of CPD and as IVC is a strategic partner within CASSA Teaching Schools Alliance, access to outstanding professional development and research opportunities
- support to teachers who wish to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University “SUPER Programme”
- funding and support to complete the CMI Leadership and Coaching qualification
Closing Date 10am Wednesday 3 January 2018
IVC is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required and pre-employment checks are undertaken on all post-holders.
We do not accept applications by CV