Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant / Secretary - CEO
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Salary: Circa £21,000
Position: Full Time, Permanent
Do you consider yourself to be discreet and tactful, with excellent organisational and administrative skills? You will assist with the smooth running of the charity by proactively supporting the Chief Executive and other senior managers. The successful applicant will need to be self-motivated, personable and willing to learn, so as to complete tasks to a high standards in an efficient way.
Overview of the Company:
The Organisation is the UK's Chartered body for the science and profession of occupational hygiene and a leading voice for worker health protection. Occupational hygiene is the scientific discipline that protects people against the wide range of health risks that can arise from exposures to hazardous substances or conditions at work. The organisation's vision is simple: a healthy working environment for everyone. Through supporting their members and releasing their volunteering passion, they aim to make a real difference to the protection of worker health.
The organisation is an SME with 20 staff, 1900 members and a £1 turnover. They are a Royal Charter Company and registered charity engaged at both national and international level; influencing policy, raising awareness, publishing research, supporting their members, and championing education and standards. Following significant growth and modernisation in recent years they are now embarking on an ambitious new 5 year strategy.
They are seeking a dynamic and capable Executive Assistant to support the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team in leading the provision of support services within their office.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the Executive Assistant role is to support the Chief Executive and facilitate the operational aspects of the busy Head Office, ensuring the provision of excellent support services to all their teams.
This will require a broad range of skills and experience with the ability to work independently and the willingness to adapt and take on new challenges as they arise.
What they expect of you:
You will display reliability, competence and discretion in carrying out routine tasks, such as ordering office supplies, booking travel or organising committee meetings. For these you will need attention to detail with a calm, patient but tenacious approach. Beyond that, we are seeking enthusiasm and determination, to learn new tasks, and get stuck into activities quickly and accurately.
This is an exciting and demanding role, requiring commitment and application. Your people skills will be important in interacting across and beyond the organisation with a wide range of contacts.
What you can expect of the company:
- A flexible, supportive and friendly working environment
- The chance to contribute towards making a real difference to the lives of people at work
- A holiday entitlement that increases with service
- Comprehensive benefits package including contributory pension, life assurance and healthcare
- On the job support and training, with the opportunity to learn a wide variety of office and organisational systems, and so improve your skills and develop your career
What will you do?
- To provide personal assistance, covering areas such as call, meeting, diary, and travel management as required
- To provide communications support, such as answering emails, both internally and externally
- To organise the cost-effective supply of services to the organisation as a whole, liaising with staff as well as a variety of external contractors and suppliers
- To effectively and efficiently manage the Society's assets, contracts and services
- To coordinate the provision of IT and telecoms services ensuring prompt attention and good support from their 3rd party suppliers and service providers
- To assist with financial administration of the Head Office budget
- To support the administration of Council (the Board of Directors) and committee business, including hospitality, meetings, minutes and policies
- To assist with statutory compliance, such as Charity Commission, AGM, and Annual Report activities
- To undertake simple HR administrative tasks, such as uploading documents into the online HR system
- Educated to 'A' level or equivalent
- GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths
- PA/Exec Assistant and/or Office or HR Administration
- Strong customer services focus with good verbal and written communication skills
- Good influencing skills; able to achieve results through personal interaction
- Strong software skills including with Windows, and Microsoft Office products
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter with salary expectations for this role. After applying, you will receive an email with the full Job Description which is also available on the organisation's website.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Personal Assistant, PA, Office Manager, Senior Office Assistant, Senior PA, Business Administrator, Executive Assistant, Senior Office Administrator, Office Assistant, Business Assistant, PA to Director of Workforce, Secretary, Business Support Administrator, PA to Director, Office Manager, Senior Administrator, Senior Admin, Business Support, Graduate, Experienced PA will also be considered for this role.