Established in 1984, our client is a family run coach hire business based in North Hertfordshire.
They have a vast amount of experience and expertise, enabling them to provide an enjoyable and safe travel experience. Their well-maintained coaches have won awards for high standards of comfort and safety. Due to their continued success, each year they invest a large amount of revenue in the business to ensure that they can constantly upgrade their fleet with the most modern, safe and high specification vehicles.
The Vehicle Technician Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vehicle Technician to join a rapidly expanding business.
As the Vehicle Technician, you will be responsible for the maintenance of our clients fleet of vehicles and installed equipment.
Key Responsibilities of the Vehicle Technician:
- Ensuring that all work allocated is completed in accordance with prevailing DVSA legislation and that the vehicle is returned to service in a safe and reliable condition
- All work carried out on company vehicles must be recorded as directed with records kept in accordance with the DVSA requirements
- Ensuring that all work is completed within the required time frame & vehicles are available to Operations as required
- Ensuring that the workshop and related areas and facilities are kept in a safe and professional state of organisation and cleanliness, with appropriate stock levels, at all times including at the end of each shift
- Liaise with Workshop Manager to ensure that breakdowns are handled in a manner that is minimally disruptive to customers
- Ensuring that the workshop is kept tidy ensuring uncompromised standards for service and passenger safety are delivered at all times in the absence of the work shop manager
- Inform Workshop Manager of any accident and /or unplanned maintenance issues that affect the scheduling of a vehicle as soon as these are known
- Complete paperwork relevant to the role and allocated tasks in a timely and accurate manner and hand to Workshop Manager
- Be part of the on call rota which will involve taking emergency phone calls out of normal working hours and attending to both company and third party vehicles
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of working within the Coach and/or Bus sector or experience within a similar role essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of machinery and equipment used within a workshop environment
- Up-to date knowledge of vehicle legislation
- Ability to diagnose and solve vehicle and equipment failures and calibrate and repair the fleet
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to priorities workload
- Be extremely self-motivated
- Level 3 N.V.Q, or equivalent, in Heavy vehicle maintenance and repair
- Must be flexible with regards to working hours
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Vehicle Technician position, simply apply via the button shown.
Keywords: Vehicle Technician, Vehicle, Mechanic, DVSA, Automotive, Coach, Bus, Diagnosis, Repair, Heavy Vehicle, Letchworth Garden City, Hitchin, Stevenage, Hertfordshire
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.