Senior Estimator / Quantity Surveyor
Senior Estimator / Quantity Surveyor
Exeter, Devon (with travel throughout Devon)
If you are a high calibre Senior Estimator / Quantity Surveyor seeking your next challenge, this is a fantastic opportunity to make your mark with a respected South West Business.
Established for 15 years and incorporated in 2013, Raleigh Property is a successful building contractor with a strong reputation for professionalism and craftsmanship.
Our projects include period renovations of some of Devon’s finest homes, including conversions, extensions and high-end new builds.
In recent years, we have tripled in size from £1m to over £3.5m. Due to this ongoing success, we are now seeking a Senior Estimator / Quantity Surveyor to join our dedicated team in Exeter.
- £50,000 to £60,000 DOE
- Car allowance
- Pension scheme
- Offices in a pleasant rural location opposite the UK’s best large farm shop
- The chance to step into an autonomous role where you can make a real impact
- The opportunity to progress your career with an expanding and adaptable company
- 28 days’ holiday per year (including bank holidays)
Raleigh Property was founded with one goal – to bring outstanding customer service to an industry which often seemed to need it.
Focusing on quality and innovation, we foster a clear, honest and open approach and have a good sense of comradeship and teamwork within our workplace.
In this key senior management role, you will have the chance to lead our Estimating function, drive our ongoing success and help shape a close-knit, talented team.
As a Senior Estimator / Quantity Surveyor, you will oversee the tender and pricing process, from receipt of initial plans through to full tender submission.
You will ensure that all elements of a project are captured and accurately costed so that customers receive a complete and competitive quote which is profitable for the company.
Specifically, you will:
- Carry out site visits to meet with customers and architects to fully understand and interpret their plans and specifications
- Identify and understand customers’ priorities, as well as the technical aspects and build processes of the specific project
- Undertake brief cost plans and/or detailed cost plans to test the client’s budget and priorities before carrying out fully priced and extremely thorough bid submissions
- Determine any high risk items and feed these into the bid decision process early on
- Perform a sufficient volume of estimating whilst preserving our high conversion rate
- Manage the procurement process and identify opportunities to make savings
- Be able to handle new business enquiries and naturally build strong working relationships with clients to gain their trust easily, as well as maintaining our strong subcontractor relationships
To be considered, you will need:
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- A full understanding of the construction process in relation to residential building projects including experience of renovations and historic buildings (Grade II)
- Knowledge of current property building regulations and price trends
- A sound understanding of estimating software, ideally Esti-mate
- An HNC level qualification, ideally HND or degree, in a quantity surveying related subject
- A meticulous eye for detail
- a Proactive nature and very organised approach
Ideally, you will have project management experience, but this is not essential.
We’re eager to hear from individuals with experience as a Senior Estimator, Senior Quantity Surveyor, Estimating Manager, Bid Manager, or Construction Project Manager.
Webrecruit and Raleigh Property are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Senior Estimator / Quantity Surveyor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 17:00 (some flexibility on hours)