Group Operations Assistant Manager
My client currently has an exciting opportunity for an EXPERIENCED Group Operations Assistant Manager to lead the team based in Croydon. You will receive a competitive salary of £23,000-£25,000 per annum depending on experience.
My client has built up a significant presence within the UK Hospitality and Residential markets. Their investment strategy has helped them build up equity and at the same time placing them in a position where they have been more competitive in the market and managed to offer their vendors and partners certainty and reliability when dealing with them. They are a friendly company which is focused on delivering a fantastic experience for guests throughout their hotel portfolio.
As their Group Operations Assistant Manager you will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of Hotel Operations, Health & Safety, Human Resources, as detailed by your Line Manager.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday 09.00-5.30 although you must be aware that there will be specific tasks that must be completed by specific deadline dates which will require additional hours to complete and as such it will not be strict office hours.
The Group Operations Assistant Manager duties and key responsibilities:
- Support and work with the individual Hotel General Managers and its Head of Departments in all aspects of running these hotels and ensure the premises are in operative condition as per hotel brand standards and health and safety requirements.
- Conduct regular operational audits to discuss routine operational matters, health & safety audits, and any staff issues. Minutes of the meetings to be sent to your Line Manager.
- Ensure Health & Safety implementation in all hotels are followed and up to date, and check the same during routine operational checks.
- Taking ownership of the Health & Safety tracker, that everything on a weekly/monthly basis is up to date, followed by a monthly physical audit in each property.
- Ensure that General Managers are following Health & Safety procedures, all trainings are complete, and all HR & Risk Assessments are up to date.
- Dealing with Suppliers / Vendors where required to ensure that hotels are within budget and fit for service.
- Assisting with Quality Assurance and Audits to ensure that hotels are as per Brand Standards
- Inspecting all department with their respective Manager's for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture when onsite.
- Assisting the respective Hotel Maintenance Managers with procurement of machinery and maintenance supplies.
- Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations.
- Assessing and reviewing customer reviews and feedbacks that each hotel is running effectively as per the Brand Requirements.
- Visiting each individual property on a monthly basis that all Health & Safety documents are up to date, Cleanliness of Building is up to date, HR documents are up to date.
- Monitor and maintain operation & overhead cost, payroll cost, in order to maintain maximum revenue to the organisation.
- Supervise company India Back Office administrators, i.e. HR and Reservations. Taking ownership of the supervision of India Back Office administrators that they are working up to standard and are answering Head Office queries on a timely manner.
- Duties may change as per the business needs.
What they’re looking for in their Group Operations Assistant Manager:
- Hotel Management Experience is Essential
- Been in a similar level role for more than 3 years
- Good Understanding of Health & Safety Procedures
- Stable and Responsible
- Attention to detail and very organised
- Experience in Opera a preference
- Excellent Communication Skills
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their Group Operations Assistant Manager, please click ‘apply’ today.