Condition and Structural Health Monitoring (CSM Wales)
TWI, formed in 1946, is a world-leading research and technology organisation based in the UK, South East Asia, India, the Middle East, Central Asia and the USA. We provide expertise in joining and fabrication, material science and structural integrity. Services include generic research; contract R&D; technical information; engineering services and advice; standards development; and training and qualification services.
CSM are seeking a talented individual to lead a new team to underpin and drive technical excellence in an expanding business within various industrial sectors.
The Team Manager will fulfil responsibility within part of the CSM section, based in Wales. You will contribute to internationally renowned work on established and emerging Structural Health and Condition Monitoring processes, techniques and procedures. You will strengthen the core skills of an innovative team and be responsible for project management, preparation and negotiation of contract proposals, R&D and innovation management.
- Developing the business in the field of the CSM
- Maintaining the target income level
- Assisting the team to deliver UK and EC funded collaborative projects
- Managing project deliverable and technical reporting
Applicants must have demonstrable experience in the areas listed above. Experience with tender preparation and negotiation in additional to skills in the following areas:
- Project management experience and networking abilities
- Proven entrepreneurial skills
- Knowledge of SHM, risk analysis, fitness for service, inspection and monitoring
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance within different industrial sectors
Permanent, Full Time, 36 hours p/wk, Competitive Salary
To apply please visit our website by the “Apply” button on this page.
Closing date: 9am, 18th December 2017