Student Support Assistant
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE POST:
College Guardians was founded in 2010 to provide educational guardianship services to overseas students attending boarding school, college and universties in the UK. We are accredited through AEGIS (the Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students) and our services include the provision of a number of standard guardianship packages to parents, sourcing and managing homestay families, managing disbursements, attending parent meetings and providing advice and guidance to our students and their parents. Further information is available on www.collegeguardians.co.uk.
Due to recent growth we now require two Student Support Assistants to work with the College Guardians team, one based in or around Cambridge to cover Suffolk, Essex and Hertfordshire and the second one based in or around Exeter to cover Cornwall, Devon and Somerset.
· Visiting students at schools, colleges and universities
· Communicating as appropriate with parents and staff
· Attending parents meetings when parents are unable to travel from overseas
· Assisting with the recruitment of host families
· Assisting with the arrangements of host family stays for students
· Arranging transport for students
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties within their capability. All staff are required to be co-operative and flexible.