Community Fundraiser (Term Time only - Part Time)
To increase Lepra’s income and profile by fundraising in schools, other educational establishments, the corporate sector, the broader community and as required with both potential and established high value donors.
Effectively support and develop Lepra’s volunteer base to assist with this aim where appropriate.
- To persuade decision makers such as Head Teachers to allow Lepra to visit their school for a fundraising presentation to pupils.
- To maximise this fundraising opportunity by the use of Lepra’s appeals literature.
- To form a long-term bond by offering the school or group, quality input which can be used to mutual advantage.
- To nurture good fundraising relationships within the wider community including corporates and high value donors.
- Support groups and individuals to become strongly contributing volunteers at various levels.
- Generate income in line with targets agreed with your regional manager.
- Make appointments to visit educational establishments.
- Give talks to school assemblies, year groups and other community groups.
- Use the most appropriate appeals literature to maximise fundraising opportunities.
- Where appropriate, organise fundraising events for schools and community groups.
- Build fundraising relationships within the corporate sector and represent Lepra with high value donors as required.
- Encourage greater awareness of the work of Lepra within the community and further develop Lepra’s volunteer program.
- Organise administrative work efficiently in line with Lepra’s procedures.
- Meet regularly with regional manager, attend team meetings and bi-annual staff conference.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required
Regional Fundraising Manager
Internal: other community fundraising staff, Colchester office staff
External: School staff, members of the public, any other organisation as appropriate.
- Well organised and able to work from home with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a good telephone manner
- The ability to travel, a good knowledge of the area and a full clean driving licence
- The ability to accommodate early starts as necessary
- Computer literate, with broadband internet connection – a laptop will be supplied for Lepra business usage
- The confidence to have 121 meetings with senior influencing members of the Corporate sector and with prospective and established individual donors.
- The ability and attitude to work flexibly.
- Ability to use social media or demonstrate a positive attitude towards acquiring these skills.
- Experience of public speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of charity fundraising