IT Service Support Analyst
Title: IT Service Support Analyst
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience
ABP is the UK’s leading port operator, with a unique network of 21 ports across England, Scotland and Wales. Our ports include Immingham, the UK’s busiest port and Southampton, the UK’s leading export port and number one for cars and cruise. The group's other activities include rail terminal operations (Hams Hall Rail Terminal), ship's agency, dredging (UK Dredging Ltd), and marine consultancy (ABPmer). Each port also offers a well-established community of port service providers.
In 2015 ABP and its customers handled 92 million tonnes of cargo. Together with our customers, we support 84,000 jobs and contribute £5.6 billion to the UK economy every year.
Located on the north side of the Severn Estuary, connected to the rail network, and within easy reach of the M4 motorway, the Port of Cardiff has expertise in the handling of containers, steel, forest products, and bulk cargoes. The port contributes more than £120 million to the UK economy each year and, together with our customers, supports 2,000 jobs.
ABP has invested significantly in the port, modernising infrastructure and supplying customers with specialist storage solutions and handling equipment.
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader, the purpose of the role is to provide a customer focused front-line IT support function across a number of locations and ensure the service we provide is of a consistent, high quality. To provide hands on technical support to staff based in Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Barry and Port Talbot as well as across ABP's other Ports when required and to support the centralised IT Service Desk.
You will be required to maintain effective contact with a disparate technology team through instant message, phone, teleconference, email, and video conference.
Visits to other sites across the UK will be necessary on an ad-hoc basis.
Normal Shift Pattern: 08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday. Will be required to complete work out of hours on an ad-hoc basis to complete necessary tasks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and taking ownership of incidents, requests and small projects from first contact to final resolution or escalation. Resolution of Incidents, Service Requests and Alerts to agreed service level targets and quality standards
- Resolution and/or fulfilment of a wide range of requests with an emphasis on resolving on first contact and timely escalation to specialist teams and suppliers where required.
- Answering Service Desk phone calls as overflow.
- Communication with colleagues, associates, suppliers and customers.
- Troubleshooting/managing technical issues (recording and documenting actions/solutions)
- Tracking, monitoring, and communicating request status to customers through to resolution or escalation
- Reacting to monitoring alerts and daily checks that suggest system failure
- Planning and prioritising requests and workload
- Taking responsibility for/ownership of various process areas as agreed with line manager
- Working with other IT Team members on escalated queries and passing knowledge and solutions on to Service Desk team
- Delivering hands on support and travelling between locations
- Exposure to and experience of following technology:
- Active Directory Management Console - user and object management
- Management of users in Citrix environment
- Microsoft Office Suite – troubleshooting and familiarity
- Microsoft Window 7, 8, 10 Operating systems – troubleshooting and familiarity
- Mobile Telephony – mobile phones configuration and support
- Networking and telephony – basic network troubleshooting and management of end user telephony
- Desktop Devices/build technologies. Experience of build technology and endpoint builds
- Has worked in team environment and can demonstrate team working skills
- Has a flexible attitude to work and can demonstrate adaptability
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Can demonstrate ability to problem solve
- Proven experience in an IT Support role including Telephone support
- Experience of use of an IT ticketing/call logging system
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) working knowledge
- Full driving licence and ability to travel regularly
- Exposure to and experience of the following technology:
- Office 365 administration and support experience
- Application of Build/MDT technology
- ITIL Qualified (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Degree/apprenticeship/BTEC/NVQ Level 3 in relevant subject
- Experience of working in fast paced, pressurised situations
- Proven experience of working independently
When joining ABP you will find an environment that is both welcoming and challenging. We reward our employees well and offer a generous remuneration package, employer pension, private health insurance and a range of other benefits.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their background, helping us to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment.