Stores & Administration Officer (Part Time) – Grimsby
Stores & Administration Officer (Part Time) – Grimsby [ENG00011824]
ENGIE UK - Doughty Road Depot, Doughty Road, Grimsby, DN32 0LL ENGIE are recruiting for a Stores & Administration Officer to be based in Doughty Road Depot, Doughty Road, Grimsby, DN32 0LL.
This is a permanent part time role (working 18.75 hours per week, Monday - Thursday 9.00am – 12.30pm and Friday 9.00am – 1.45pm) and on offer will be a salary of £7,414 per annum. This role will report into the Highway Maintenance Manager.
To be successful in this role you must provide the following:
- Minimum of 3 year history of employment (including information which can be verified for any gaps)
- If you do not have 3 years previous employment, a professional reference must be provided (obtained from a Medical Practitioner, Officer of the Armed Forces, Teacher, Lecturer, Lawyer, Bank Manager, Civil Servant etc)
- Proof of identity & eligibility to work in the UK which must include :
- Photographic I.D - Passport or Driving Licence.
- Passport and all relevant work permits
- or NI Number information / proof and full Birth certificate
- If no legal photographic documentation is owned then a passport photo which has been signed and verified by any of the above professionals will be required. This needs to show their title, signature and contact details.
- 2 proofs of address from within the last 3 months (i.e. council tax bill, bank statement, utilities bills).
- Any required qualifications or driving licence if required for the role.
In 2010, ENGIE formed a ground-breaking regeneration partnership with North East Lincolnshire Council. The full partnership includes a broad range of services including Highway Maintenance which is part of the Highways and Transportation Service. The partnership has won numerous awards, the most recent being, “Winner of the “Partners and Facilities Management Award” in 2014.
Under delegated powers, ENGIE are required to undertake effective and systematic regimes of inspection, assessment and maintenance of the highway network to ensure the local authority discharges its statutory duty under the Highways Act 1980. The post holder will assist in the provision of various technical administration functions, to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the Highway Maintenance Unit.
Main Duties :
- Raise requisitions and purchase orders to suppliers for Clothing, PPE, fuel, materials and equipment required by the service.
- assist with financial administration procedures, including goods receipting of invoices and coding of Invoices to ensure payment of suppliers within prescribed timescales.
- Update office costing systems, by entering order details and payment information for internal recharges, external invoices and journals to ensure that information and records are easily retrievable.
- Carry out regular stock checks of PPE, fuel and materials and maintain accurate records using specialist software systems and spreadsheets.
- Use specialist software to raise orders for general maintenance works in the highway.
- Use specialist software to obtain service drawings for general maintenance work in the highway.
- To liaise with Highway Maintenance Teams and redirect resources to ensure urgent works are carried out within defined timescales.
- Liaise with Call Centre and Streetcare Service in connection with reports about highway maintenance issues.
- Produce monthly commitment information for budget monitoring.
- Undertake general clerical work including, photocopying, data input and filing in an efficient and accurate manner, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders including client officers, elected members, the general public, parish councils, neighbouring authorities, emergency services and any other interested parties on matters relating to highway services.
- When required, to provide information to assist with the investigation of freedom of information requests and liability claims.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of new technology and systems of working to ensure the effective delivery of the service.
For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications Essential Qualifications / Courses
- Minimum GCSE Grade C and above in Maths and English (or equivalent) Level 1 Certificate for IT users (or equivalent)
- Postholder should be competent with word processing systems and spreadsheets.
- Post holder should be competent in the use of specialist software systems and databases.
- Postholder should have good written, verbal and communication skills
- Postholder should have ability to effectively plan and organise work to meet priorities.
- Postholder should have experience of dealing with customers and stakeholders
Desirable Qualifications / Courses
- Knowledge of highway related matters
- Experience of dealing with difficult customers
- Experience using bespoke software systems for financial management
- Experience of dealing with raising orders, requisitions, invoice processing
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.