Paid Volunteer, Companion & Care Assistant
Our client is seeking a Paid Volunteer, Companion & Care Assistant in North Hertfordshire including Stevenage, Royston, Baldock, Hitchin, Letchworth, Knebworth and surrounding villages. We currently have part time vacancies available.
Our client is an award-winning employer, recognised for their unique model of companion led services. They specialise in consistent, bespoke and quality led services to private clients within their own homes. They carefully match befrienders with their clients, with a minimum of one hour visits they believe this enables relationships to be central to the support they provide.
You will need to be available for our busy times which are:
- Early mornings/mornings – help prepare breakfast & support with morning routine, or to take clients out.
- Evenings – to help prepare meals & assist with bedtime routine.
- Weekends but not every weekend (even if you are just free for an hour or two)
Even if you are only looking for a few hours a week they would love to hear from you. This position will involve supporting clients with everyday tasks and routines, activities in and around their home plus out and about in the community. There will also be light personal care involved which may include helping a person get dressed or helping to apply moisturiser.
Why work for us as a Paid Volunteer, Companion & Care Assistant?
- £9.00 - £9.50 per hour, plus mileage allowance.
- Pension Scheme
- This is an amazingly rewarding job!
- To be part of a team that is genuinely passionate about high quality companionship.
- You will have regular client/clients and will work locally, keeping travelling to a minimum and enabling continuity for our customers.
- Genuine opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
Do I meet the essential criteria?
- Being a driver is essential, as some of our clients need assistance with errands and appointments and going out into the community.
- Are you passionate, have time to spare and want to make a difference to someone’s life?
- Could you offer our clients companionship and support without taking away their dignity?
- Are you naturally caring and dependable with an excellent work ethic?
- Willing to undertake a DBS check?
- Willing to partake in our accredited and bespoke training courses?
If you are excited about becoming a Paid Volunteer, Companion & Care Assistant then please click on apply! Don’t worry if you have any questions, we will give you a call to discuss your application and answer any questions you might have