Are you an experienced logistics or Dispatch professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Dispatch Supervisor for our team in Crayford, working 50 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Dispatch Supervisor, we can offer a competitive salary of £27,000 - £28,274 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
The ideal Dispatch Supervisor:
- Previous experience in a similar operational role or environment
- A proven track record of man management and production/maintenance management of an industrial/factory type facility.
- Operation of balers and FLT’s
- Fork Lift Truck licence
- Good knowledge of relevant Waste Management Legislation
- NVQ Level 4 in Waste Management
Dispatch Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Ensure the efficient day to day operations of the Dispatch function under the direction of the Quality Supervisor and Site Supervisor.
- Liaise with Site Supervisors and VRM to ensure the Dispatch function is operated in a safe, professional and timely manner.
- Take responsibility for operating in accordance with all laws, acts and codes of practice relating to waste handling, disposal and the transport industry, with a primary focus on Health and Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Make sure the “Verification and Quality Testing Procedures” for input and output materials are followed whilst maximising the recycling and recovery rates at the facility. To keep specific and accurate records.
- Always maintain a customer focused operation, assisting the Quality Supervisor and Site Supervisor to maintain all company policies and procedures
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Dispatch Supervisor.
Closing Date: 8th December 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.