Newspaper Sales Executive
Newspaper Sales Executive - Liverpool
£Competitive + benefits - 25 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Newspaper Sales Executives to join the Liverpool Echo, part of the Trinity Mirror Group plc. In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of circulation volume and revenue for all Trinity Mirror titles across Merseyside. Reporting to the Newspaper Sales Manager, you will be engaging in all relevant sales department activity, both on the field and occasionally within the office.
For the right candidate, this role can offer the successful individual an exciting opportunity to promote the Liverpool Echo within an extremely autonomous role, with varied responsibilities each day. If you enjoy meeting new people and would love to represent and promote our successful newspaper brands, we want to hear from you!
You can look forward to a competitive salary, 25 days holiday pro rota (plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, plus many other benefits available to you as a Trinity Mirror employee.
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
- Working within a team of 4, being responsible for your own territory across Merseyside to promote Trinity Mirror titles
- Carring out regular active selling promotions, responsible for setting up event stands as and when required
- Attending appointments with supermarkets and newsagents to promote newspaper sales initiatives
- Visiting individuals for pre-booked appointments in their own homes, signing them up to deliver newspapers on behalf of Trinity Mirror
- Participate in all elements of Subscription and HND franchise development activity to titles on territory
- Identity new outlets and monitor sales
- Working within defined Health & Safety guidelines when field based
- Administrative tasks, recording all sales records and activity reports
This role will suit individuals who are confident, driven and friendly with persuasive skills. You will have outstanding communication skills and be experienced in customer-facing environments. Being able to work autonomously and use your own initiative is a key element of this role, alongside the ability to manage your time effectively. A good understanding of numerics and basic computer skills will aid your success in this role.
As the majority of time will be spent field-based, you must have a full valid driving licence and access to a car (mileage expenses will be paid). This role requires individuals to be flexible and able to work 5 hours per day flexible hours on a rotating shift pattern Monday-Sunday (9am-2pm/12pm-5pm)
As this is a non sales role, there are no specific sales targets. Full training will be given.